This scholarship is only set up for students from ASEAN (Association of Southeast Asia Nations) countries, including Malaysia, Indonesia, Thailand, Philippines, Singapore, Brunei, Vietnam, Laos, Myanmar, and Cambodia.
INSTRUCTION ON APPLICATION OF 2020 GUANGXI GOVERNMENT SCHOLARSHIP FOR ASEAN STUDENTS
- Categories of applicants and duration of scholarship
|Categories of applicants||Duration of major Studies||Duration of remedialChinese language studies||Duration of scholarship|
|undergraduates||4-5 years||1 year||4-6 years|
|Master Candidates||2-3 years||1 year||2-4 years|
|Docotral Candidates||4 years||1 year||4-5 years|
- Target nations and regions
ASEAN nations, including Malaysia, Indonesia, Thailand, the Philippines, Singapore, Brunei, Vietnam, Laos, Myanmar, and Cambodia.
- Time for application
Before June every year.
- Qualification of applicants
1. Applicants shall be ASEAN citizens with good health condition
2. Applicants shall respect China and its laws and policy.
3. Applicants shall well behave as diligent students with good grades.
4. Applicants shall not simultaneously accept other types of scholarships provided by Chinese government.
- Content of scholarship
Scholarship awardees will be free of the charges of registration fee, tuition, textbooks and accommodation and will enjoy free insurance for major illnesses and accidents. Doctoral candidates will receive a monthly stipend of RMB 2000 yuan, Master candidates RMB 1500 yuan, undergraduates RMB 1000 yuan and language students RMB 500 yuan. The stipend will be given by 12 months each year.
- Application procedures
1. Filling up the application form which can be download through this link below:
2. Preparing materials (see “application materials” in the following part)
3. Submitting application
A: Applicants can apply to their country’s General Consulate in Nanning. The General consulate will collect the applications and submit them to Guangxi University.
B: Applicants can directly submit their application to Admission Office, International Education College, Guangxi University (please see the postal address in the end of this article)
- Colleges and majors
Applicants are allowed to choose any program of any colleges or schools at Guangxi University except for languages other than Chinese, e.g. English, etc. For a list of programs, please click the picture below or visit the website http://gjy.gxu.edu.cn/en/admission/view-programs.html
1. Guangxi University will review the application and submit the list of the enrolled to the Department of Education of Guangxi for further approval.
2. The scholarship awardees should not change the university, major and the duration of study after signing the admission letter.
3. GXU will send admission documents, including the Application Form for Student Visa(JW 202) and the Admission Letter to the enrolled students.
- Application Materials (all prepared in quadruplicate with the right order)
|1||Application Form||Stick photo to the application and sign your name at the last page.|
|2||Certifications of Highest Diploma Certificate||Notarized|
|3||A Study of Research Plan||In Chinese or in English, more than 200 words.|
|4||Recommendation Letter (2 copies) required for master candidates||Referrer should be a professor or associate professor. The letter should be written in Chinese or English.|
|5||Photocopy of Foreigner Physical Examination Form (printed by Chinese quarantine authority and only for those whose period of studies in China lasts up to six months)DOWNLOAD FROM:http://gjy.gxu.edu.cn/en/download/show-276.html||1. The form should be filled in English.2. The medical examinations must cover all the items listed in the Foreigner Physical Examination Form.3. Incomplete records or those without the signature of the attending physician, official stamp of the hospital or a sealed photograph of the applicants are invalid.|
|6||New HSK 4 Certification||Not essential|
|7||Passport copies||Not essential|
******8. Apply in university’s website. After applied in website, send hard copy to the University. Link website: https://gxu.at0086.cn/StuApplication/Login.aspx
Contact person: Mr. Chen Lang
Official WeChat: gxuiec
Address：International Education College, Guangxi University,No.100 East Daxue Road, Nanning, Guangxi, P.R.China